You use First Degree Reiki all the time—treating yourself, family, and friends—and long for more.
You know someone who needs your help but distance makes it impossible to be with them.
You want to build a Reiki practice or offer treatment in hospice, your local hospital, or cancer center.
If you’ve practiced Reiki for more than six months and feel like this is you, Second Degree may be your next step.
It’s important to understand that the First Degree class is all you need for treating yourself and your family and friends. With Reiki, more really isn’t necessary or better. You have endless possibilities for learning just by putting your hands on yourself and other people. And, as you already know, opportunities abound.
But if Reiki is becoming a focus in your life and you’re propelled to learn more, Second Degree can broaden the scope of your practice.
The First Degree provided me with a way to help myself and others (including plants and animals!). I used it on colleagues during an accident, my family dog after surgery, myself when stressed or ill, and so on. With the Second Degree there were many other ways that I could help myself and others—it was markedly more advanced in the results.
–P.H., Bellingham, WA
The Japanese name for Second Degree is oku-den, which means deeper knowing. Second Degree is for students who wish to cultivate a relationship with the energy of Reiki as a part of your spiritual development. In the traditional system of Usui Shiki Ryoho that Paul and Susan practice, Second Degree requires a deeper commitment of time, heart, and resources.
What you will learn
You’ll learn to use three symbols to focus the Reiki energy, treat mental and emotional conditions, and give distant treatment—treating people who are not physically with you. But, more importantly, Second Degree will deepen your relationship with universal life energy.
How you will learn it
- Actual class time is 10-12 hours spread over several days, usually a weekend, to allow time for integration.
- We sometimes teach Second Degree as a residential retreat.
- Class includes plenty of in-class practice and post-class follow-up.
- Classes are scheduled when students request them.
A $100.00 deposit is required to schedule a class, and the class cost is $500. We offer classes regularly in North Idaho, Seattle, and Edmonton. Other locations can be arranged, depending on circumstances.
Next Second Degree class will be May 17, 18 & 19, 2013 at Mountain View Retreat in Cataldo, ID.
Call us at 208-512-1524 or click here to start the conversation about exploring Second Degree.
- First Degree Reiki training from a master in the Usui Shiki Ryoho lineage.
- A minimum of six-months of First Degree practice—regular self-treatment and some experience treating others.
- Personal contact or conversation with Susan or Paul.
Since taking Second Degree, I find that Reiki is such a part of my life that I can’t imagine a day without it. Now I feel that there is no longer a line between Reiki and my daily life. The two have merged and I am happier for it.
–Reg Nugent, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Ready for Second Degree? Still have questions?
- Step One: Go here to get a free copy of Wonderful Reiki Stories to read how Reiki has helped others, along with the monthly Reiki Healing ezine that will keep you posted on our Second Degree class schedule.
- Step Two: Ready for Second Degree right now? Simply fill out the form below to tell us about yourself and your Reiki practice. Let us know how to contact you, and we’ll get right back to you.
- Step Three: You can explore Reiki in many ways. Check out Retreats & Gatherings for other Reiki events.
This form gives us a little information before we connect with you. Write as much or as little as you want. Well reply in your preferred mode (email or telephone) to continue our conversation from here.